Hello and welcome back Dusty friends. It’s Tina here with you today with my interpretation of the June Moodboard. Oh it is just gorgeous. And my first thoughts were that I would do something very feminine with the apricots, but like everything the creative process bought me back to the blues and only a hint of the apricot. So this is what I finished up with……
and I have called it “Tiny Treasure”.
It is hard for me to believe that in less than 2 months, this cute little baby above will be 21. Time flies so very quickly, but I still remember the day this photo was taken and how smitten I was and still am with him. And funnily enough this is the first baby photo of him I have ever scrapped, so I wanted it to be something very special to frame and adorn my walls at home.
I found papers from 2 different 49andMarket collections to start forming my background. These papers were gutted and layered and distressed very heavily. I sprayed the papers with water to help with the warping of the paper edges. This was my starting point. The left over paper was used to create layers beneath my photo. I also added in some Post Card ephemera pieces to create more layers also.
Moving along I added Crackle Texture Paste through a Woodgrain stencil and I also added some freehand just using the palette knife. Around the edges of the distressed papers I embossed with some miscellaneous border stamps using a white embossing powder.
I left the background to dry and then went to work on adding in my chipboards to start building upon. I have used the Branch #4 and the Branch #4 small together to create a starting point beneath the photo. These pieces were inked with Pumice Stone Distress Ink and whilst still wet I randomly added in a very thick layer of white crackle paste and allowed this to dry overnight. When the pieces dried I popped them up on some foam tapes and then used some Coconut fibre and made a pretty rustic little birds nest. This was painted over with white gesso and Little Birdies “Rainy Day” acrylic paint.
I have also used these cute Hot Air Balloons from the large and also the mini packs. I firstly covered the Hot Air Balloons with the apricot coloured papers and carefully cut around them. Sanded the edges and then handpainted in the stripes as you can see in the layout. The handpainting is not perfect but I think it is quite cute. I love these little balloons. They really added a lot of interest to the project.
When you look carefully above here you will see I have added in some old safety pins that were sitting in my stash. They were painted before I added them to the project. I also found a wooden die with the letter “H” for my son. I added in lots of gorgeous 49andMarket flowers to co-ordinate with my project and also some wishing bubbles. I have used Dusty Attic’s Clockworks to sit at the top of the photo. This was painted in white crackle paste and then washed in the “Rainy Day” blue acrylic paint. I made the title using the words from the Baby Words #2 pack. These really are just the cutest. I simply coloured these using the “Rainy Day” acrylic again.
My final touches were to add in some dry brushing of white acrylic to my flowers and embellishments and I also made some cute bird acetate embellishments. I carefully cut these out and attached them with a good clear drying glue. I also did some random stamping using Archival ink in Watering Can and 49andMarket’s Snapshots of Yesterday’s stamp set.
Well that is all from me today. I hope you have enjoyed my project as much as I did creating it.
Until next time…. take care and stay safe.