Today I’m up on Dusty Attic blog with a new layout. I wanted to work in the tones of the photo, that is to say in shades of grey. I just added some gold to add some interest.
As usual, I primed the background with clear gesso. Next, I added a design with a stencil and the Crushed Ice effect paste. When dry, I added some white liquid acrylic to mimic the snow.
I decided to work mostly with waxes and metallic flakes to alter the chipboards. I used the gold metallic flakes to cover the berries from the Holiday Spray and the Christmas Berries #1. To alter the Small Snowflakes #1, I used silver metallic flakes.
I colored the leaves of the Holly #4 with Graphite and the berries with Vintage Gold waxes. For the Holiday Spray, I used the Charcoal one which is the darkest color. I painted the Mistletoe #2 berries with white paint and the leaves with Old Silver.
Christmas Berries #1
Snowflakes #1 small
- Stencil – Echo Park (Quilted Stich) ;
- Art Ingredients – Finnabair Prima (Metallic Flakes: Sparkling; Glass Glitter: Sterling);
- Art Alchemy Waxes – Finnabair Prima (Old White, Charcoal, Graphite, Old Silver, White Gold, Vintage Gold);
- Art Alchemy Paints – Finnabair Prima (Impasto: Titanium White; Liquid Acrylic: Titanium White);
- Art Extravagance – Finnabair Prima (Crushed Ice Effect Paste, Gilding Glue);
- Art Basics – Finnabair Prima (Clear Gesso, 3D Matte Gel, Soft Gloss Gel).