Today I’m up on Dusty Attic with my first project of the year. I decided to make a canvas with another photo from the amazing Christina Fisher.
The photo I chose was perfect to work with the beautiful January color combo.
I covered the canvas with plaster paste. When dry, I added a design with the Circle Dot stencil and Metallic flakes. Next, I painted the background with different brown and green paints. I darkened the edges with black paint. When happy with the result, I added clear crackle paste.
I primed all the chipboard elements with white gesso. I attached the Boho Feather to the Designer Disc – Dreamcatcher with chains. In between, I added a few Wildflowers #1. On top of the Dreamcatcher, I add a Cow Skull #1. Under the photo, I added some Foliage #27 and poppies pods from my garden.
When all the elements of the composition were in place, I began to paint everything. I started to paint the Dreamcatcher and the elements around in brown, then I added orange to the Wildflowers and the Feathers.
I colored the Foliage and the poppy pods with green paints with a little orange.
To finish, I highlight some details with Aged Brass wax.
Dusty Attic products:
Designer Disc #16 – Dreamcatcher
Cow Skull #1
- Mechanical – Finnabair Prima (Steampunk Blades, Rustic Gears, Steampunk Gears);
- Art Ingredients – Finnabair Prima (Metallic Flakes: Vintage);
- Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylic – Finnabair Prima (Umber, Burnt Sienna, Advocado, Tiger Orange, Carmin, Ink Black);Art Alchemy Wax – Finnabair Prima (Aged Bronze);
- Art Extravagance – Finnabair Prima (Plaster Paste, Clear Crackle Paste, Gilding Glue);
- Art Basics – Finnabair Prima (White Heavy Gesso, 3D Matte Gel).