Today, I’m up on Dusty Attic blog with a new mixed media project: an altered cigar box.
First I primed the box with black gesso. I cut a piece of the “Underground Network”, which will be the base of the composition. Next, I added some floral resin elements, I continued with “Jumbo Cogs” and “Cogs #1”. I added some “Wildflower #6”, “Foliage #13”, and “Flowers Posies”. I finished the composition with a resin dragonfly.
When I was happy with my composition, I painted everything with black gesso. I made sure everything was perfectly dry and nothing was moving. I dry-brushed everything with Linen paint and dried it again.
I continued with liquid acrylic paints in crimson, purple, and nude. And I dried again before dry brushing Jade Impasto. I dried everything again.
I continued with Lime Green and Carmin liquid acrylic paints and dried them again. As the background is black, even with very bright colors, the whole composition is still very dark.
For the next step, I added some metallic accents with waxes. They will help to reveal all the details not only of the resin elements but of the chipboards as well.
Dusty Attic products:
Industrial Wings #2
Underground Network Large
Flower Posie #3
- Moulds – Prima (Herbology, Mechanical Insectica );
- Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylic – Finnabair Prima (Purple, Crimson, Nude, Carmin, Lime Green);
- Art Alchemy Impasto – Finnabair Prima (Linen, Jade);
- Art Alchemy Waxes – Finnabair Prima (Aged Brass, White Gold, White Pearl);
- Art Extravagance – Finnabair Prima (Golden Dragon Effect Paste);
- Art Basics – Finnabair Prima (Black Heavy Gesso, 3D Matte Gel, Soft Gloss Gel).