Today I’m up on Dusty Attic blog with a new mixed media panel. I promise you this is the last one for this year 🙂
Photo by Colton Kresser on Unsplash
I primed the canvas with white gesso. Next, I added randomly plaster and white crackle pastes. When dry, I colored the canvas with black gesso and black liquid acrylic paint. Finally, I added a design with the Ledger stencil.
I painted the Gear Corners #2 and one of the Jumbo Cogs #2 with Silver Spoon metallic paint. When dry, I covered them with wax, then with black gesso. I allowed the gesso to dry, then remove it with a paper towel. For the chains and other cogs, I simply waxed them with Old Silver, Brushed Iron, or Old White.
Geo Panel #1
Jumbo Cogs #2
Gear Corners #2 DA2862
Chains – 4 pcs
- Stamp – Stamper Anonymous (Urban Tapestry );
- Art Ingredients – Finnabair Prima (Flakes: Sparkling, Glass Glitter: Pitched Black, Art Sugar: Antique Silver, Microbead: Silver, Glitter Set: Ivory & Ebony);
- Art Alchemy Waxes – Finnabair Prima (Old Silver, Brushed Iron, Old White);
- Art Alchemy Metallic Paints- Finnabair Prima (Silver Spoon);
- Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylic – Finnabair Prima (Black Ink);
- Art Extravagance – Finnabair Prima (Plaster Paste, White Crackle Paste, Sparkling Onyx Jewel Paste, Ice Crushed Paste, Gilding Glue);
- Art Basics – Finnabair Prima (White Heavy Gesso, Black Heavy Gesso, 3D Matte Gel, Soft Gloss Gel).