Today I’m up on dusty Attic blog with a canvas inspired by the May color combo.
I primed the canvas with white gesso before adding a design with the Circle Dot stencil and paste. While the paper paste was still wet I sprinkled with embossing powder. I let it dry before heat embossing the powder.
I primed also all the chipboard with white gesso. I used different shades of brown to paint the Foliage #23 and the Leaves #5. I added White Gold wax to both and some Mahogany to the Leaves #5.
I painted the Dandelions with Nude and Carmin to match the color of the flowers. I painted the Marrakesh Treillis with Umber and add Copper wax when dry.
For my background, I want to obtain a color similar to the color of the wall that can be seen in the color combo, but I want to give it a dirtier look. So first, I painted the background with Umber liquid acrylic that I removed partially. When the paint was completely dry, I covered the whole canvas with a mix of antiquing waxes: Soot and Sepia. I added clear wax as well to dilute the color as I want the background to have a light shade of brownish grey. When done, I glued all the elements with 3D gel.
Marrakesh Trellis Small
Circle Dot Stencil
- Flowers – 49 and Market (Nature’s Bounty);
- Embossing powder – Lindy’s Gang (Angel Wings Gold);
- Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylic – Finnabair Prima (Burnt Sienna, Umber, Nude, Carmin);
- Art Alchemy Waxes – Finnabair Prima (Antiquing Soot, Antiquing Sepia, Mahogany, Copper, White Gold);
- Art Extravagance – Finnabair Prima (Paper Paste);
- Art Basics – Finnabair Prima (White Heavy Gesso, 3D Matte Gel, Soft Gloss Gel).