Today I’m up on Dusty Attic’s blog with an album cover, a gift for a friend.
I covered the Geo Panel #1with Graphite paste. I cut out the Number Panel two 9 which I embossed with Chrome Doesn’t Pay!
I selected gears from different sets like Jumbo Cogs #2, Gears #1 by nuneka, Mini Cogs, and Designer Disc #15. I chose also the Industrial Cluster #1.
I used a technique I haven’t used for a very long time to alter the Jumbo Cog #2 and the Designer Disc #15. First I covered them with black gesso, then I added PVA glue with I heated until the glue bubbled. I covered the glue with black gesso and heat again; When cold, I highlight the details with silver wax. You can see the step-by-step here.
I decided to cover the other cogs with silver Metallic Flakes to add some contrast. I used Soot Antiquing wax to tone down the shine.
Dusty Attic products:
Jumbo Cogs #2
Gears #1 by Nuneka
Industrial Jumbo gears #2
Mini Cogs #3
Designer Disc #15 cogs
Industrial Cluster #1
Geo Panel #1
Word Strip #2
Number Panel Large
- Embossing Powders – Lindy’s Gang (Chrome Doesn’t Pay!);
- Mechanicals – Finnabair Prima (Hardware, Mini Knobs);
- Art Ingredients – Finnabair Prima (Metallic Flakes Sparkling);
- Art Alchemy Waxes – Finnabair Prima (Old Silver, Soot);
- Art Extravagance – Finnabair Prima (Graphite Paste, Gilding Glue);
- Art Basics – Finnabair Prima (Black Heavy Gesso).