Today I’m up on Dusty Attic blog with a new mixed media canvas inspired by the beautiful colors of the March color combo.
Here is the color combo. Don’t forget to play with us Dusty FANattics | MARCH Mood Board entries
I covered the canvas with Paper and Light Modeling pastes. I painted the background with Burnt Sienna liquid acrylic. I kept it very light. When dry, I added randomly some metallic flakes with the help of gilding glue. Then, I added clear crackle paste and let dry naturally. Next, I added some Ink Black liquid acrylic to highlight the crackles.
I primed all the chipboard with white gesso before altering them. I painted the Foliage #1 with Ink Black and Burnt Sienna. I want them to be dark. When dry, I used the Stained Wood wax to matify them, then some White gold wax.
I painted lightly the Foliage Cluster #2 and the Poppy Heads with Burnt Sienna liquid acrylic. For the Spider Chrysanthemum, I mixed Brown Sienna and Nude liquid acrylic.
I painted the Antique Frame with Ink Black paint, then White Gold wax. I covered the inside of the frame with Metallic Flakes, then with Clear Crackle paste to mimic a mirror.
Poppy Heads Small
Foliage Cluster #2
- Flowers – 49 and Market (Salt Wildflowers);
- Art Ingredient – Fnnabair Prima (Sparkling Metallic Flakes);
- Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylic – Finnabair Prima (Ink Black, Burnt Sienna, Umber, Nude);
- Art Alchemy Waxes – Finnabair Prima (White Gold, Stained Wood);
- Art Ingredients – Finnabair Prima (Luminous Glitter Set);
- Art Extravagance – Finnabair Prima (Paper Paste, Clear Crackle Paste, Gilding Glue);
- Art Basics – Finnabair Prima (White Heavy Gesso, Light Modeling Paste).