Hello everyone and welcome to August 2018.
Last month was our Dusty Attic retreat and to say we had an amazing time with wonderful awesome people is an under statement.
Thank you to everyone who attended, cant wait for the next one now !
ALL “HAIL” THE BOSS
(A Bit of fun at the photo session, Us worker bees and the Queen !)
DID YOU ALSO SEE WHAT HAPPENED FIVE DAYS AGO? A DESIGN TEAM CALL for the year 2019 – All the details are below
The call is for world wide designers no matter your passion, layouts, altered art, mixed media, ATC’s or Journals, anything you can create to showcase Dusty Attic products.
What we are looking for:
• Designers who can create 2 projects each month using Dusty Attic supplies & prepare blog post for these with close ups of your work and share tips and tricks.
• Designers with an active blog, Face book page and Instagram presence.
• Designers who are committed to promote Dusty Attic brand through all social media forums.
• Commitment for a 6 month term.
• Designers who are able to create projects within deadlines (you will have your dates set each month in advance)
• Submit 2 projects every month. One of which is based on the monthly challenge which will be supplied ahead of time.
• Create projects within deadline that will be given to you (same date each month).
• List all the Duty Attic products used in the project with appropriate links to our online store.
• Your blog posts should be informative, detailed with step by step images and tutorial.
(Video will be an added advantage but not required).
• Share your Dusty Attic posts on your personal blog and social media.
.• Join & promote our Facebook main page and “FANattics” page & social media accounts.
What will you received from being a Dusty Attic DT Member?
• An amazing DT pack full of great products of past and new releases
• Online store discount to add to your packs if you wish
• Your projects splattered across all of the Dusty Attic social media platforms and blogging world.
• Opportunity to put forward any ideas you have with an amazing team of like minded people.
This DT Call is open to Designers from all around the World.
If this is just what you have been waiting for and chipboard is your passion then send your details to:
Use Design Team Call and your name in the subject line
In the email please include
1. Name, address & contact number.
2. Two completed projects using Dusty Attic chipboard.
3. Links to your blog, Facebook page and Instagram accounts.
4. Tell us a little about yourself and your area of expertise and why you would be a great addition to the team.
Entries close at midnight Perth WA time on August the 21st 2018. You will be notified via email about your submission
Have Fun and Good Luck everyone
NEXT MONTH BRINGS COMPLETE JOY IN THE WAY OF AN INTERNATIONAL DESIGNER TEACHING IN AUSTRALIA
There are still places available to most classes
(One lucky lady won a class with Antonis on our weekend away). Just email us at
AUGUST MOOD BOARD IS SOFT AND EVER SO PRETTY WITH OUR VERY OWN
WITH HER INSPIRATION FOR YOU TO START THE MONTH OFF
Hello, today I would like to share with you a LO I did using Dusty Attic’s Mood Board for August, & using some Dusty Vintage-Elegant Chipboard pieces……
From the Mood Board I used the colors, flowers, vintage,distressed, fabric (lace & a doily) thread….
With a change to the prize we also have a change to the “Challenge” and have Mood Boards this year (with no sketch), all you have to do is link your entry to the right hand side of the blog with your name and country for your chance to win one of two $50 vouchers, you can use the mood board to sway your creation, the only “rule” is that there is Dusty Attic Chipboard on your entry…….
Vintage Frame #4
ATC Frame #6
Vintage Nameplate Set
Wrought Iron Design Set
Spring Bloom #1
Mini Tags #3
Other Elements used: 49 and Market : http://www.49andmarket.com/shop/Captured Adventures:The Journey-BS, Explorer,Vagary, Vintage Shades: Cluster-Sage, Potpourri-Sage, Blossoms-Sage, Clear Gesso, White Gesso, Clear Crackle, Versa Mark ink pad-Pinecone, a doily, lace, Prills……
Here are some close ups……
For the background I used the sheets from Captured Adventures listed above. I did some layers, with distressing the edges & ripping, glued lace into some areas then did some hand stitching….
In this cluster I used the Elegant Chain,Spring Bloom #1, Vintage Shades, Lace, & the little locket….I altered the Elegant Chain with priming the top piece with white gesso, & the under piece with clear gesso. Then I glues the 2 pieces together using clear crackle…After the crackle dried I rubbed on some brown ink using the pine cone ink pad…..
I primed the spring blooms with clear gesso, then applied clear crackle, then dry brushed white gesso, onto the dry crackle…
I altered some of the flower centers with using Prills….
Here are a few more close ups….
Thank you so much for taking the time to look & I am looking forward to see what you come up with with this months Mood Board Challenge…..Rachelle
Thanks for sharing our Blog post today and I will be back with the July challenge winners along with more inspiration from Rosalie of the new mood board for you