Today I’m up on Dusty Attic blog with a new mixed media panel. I chose a photo from Denis Chekanov: the Joker. I love the idea of this wildcard character.
Next, I used an old trick to alter the industrial elements. I covered the Cogs, the Industrial Border, the Chains, and the top of the Industrial Globes with white glue. While the glue was still wet, I dried it with a heat gun until it bubbled. When the bubbles cool, they wrinkle and this is what I was looking for.
I painted the background with different shades of blue and green to match the color of the photo. When happy with the color, I dry-brushed the whole canvas with white gesso to bring back the details and the texture.
Dusty Attic products:
Jumbo Cogs #2
Chains – 4 pcs
Industrial Globes #2
Number Panel Large
Mini Old Coins
Metal Plates Stencil
- Moulds – Finnabair Prima (Machine Parts, Wings and Bones);
- Liquid Acrylic Art Alchemy – Finnabair Prima (Umber, Avocado, Ink Black, Prussian Blue, Ultramarine);
- Art Alchemy – Finnabair Prima (Charcoal Black, White Gold, Brushed Iron, Old Denim, Red Amber);
- Art Ingredients – Finnabair Prima ();
- Art Extravagance – Finnabair Prima (Plaster Paste, White Crackle Paste);
- Art Basics – Finnabair Prima (White Heavy Gesso, Black Heavy Gesso, Modeling Paste, 3D Matte Gel, Soft Gloss).