Today I’m up on Dusty Attic blog with a new mixed media canvas inspired by the color combo of July.
Here is the amazing July color combo from Prussian blue to green avocado.
I primed the canvas with white gesso. Next, I added a design with a stencil and plaster paste.
When done, I colored the different chipboards with different paints and colors: the Feathers with the Prussian Blue Liquid Acrylic, the Foliage #3 and the Tropical Foliage #7 with the Avocado Liquid Acrylic, the Feathers by Nuneka with the blue turquoise acrylic paint, the Decorative Frame #2 with a blue turquoise acrylic paint and the Linen Impasto.
I recovered the bird skulls with silver metallic flakes. To lessen the shine of the metallic flakes a little, I used the Charcoal matte wax. I waxed also the foliage chipboards with white gold and the rest with white pearl.
Matériels / Materials:
Other Products Used
- Flowers – 49 and Market (Majestic Bouquet: Ivory);
- Stencil – A.B. Studio (Stencil ID-29);
- Mould – Finnabair Prima (Wings and Bones);
- Art Ingredients – Finnabair Prima (Metal Flakes: Silver; Pebbles);
- Acrylic Paint – Amsterdam (Bleu Turquoise);
- Impasto Art Alchemy – Finnabair Prima (Linen);
- Liquid Acrylic Art Alchemy – Finnabair Prima (Prussian Blue, Advocado);
- Waxes Art Alchemy – Finnabair Prima (White Gold, White Pearl, Charcoal);
- Art Extravagance – Finnabair Prima (Plaster Paste, Gilding Glue);
- Art Basics – Finnabair Prima (Clear Gesso, WhiteHeavy Gesso, BlackHeavy Gesso, 3D Matte Gel).