Today I’m up on Dusty Attic blog with a mixed media canvas. I used one chipboard of the yet to be released new collection.
I painted the Ships Wheel with Dark Chocolate Impasto. Next, I added clear crackle paste randomly. Why dry, I sprayed Walnut Stain Distress Oxide.
I covered all the elements of the Steampunk Submarine and the Blueprint title with silver paint. Next, I glued all the elements together. I added some rust effect paste.
I also painted the Jumbo Cogs and the resin gears with silver paint, which I covered with rust effect paste. I brought back the silver with the help of Brushed Iron wax.
I covered the Seaweeds, the Ocean Elements, and the Coral Mixed with Military effect pastes. Next, I highlight the details with waxes.
I covered a 12″x12″ canvas with a piece of Nautical tissue paper. I added a thin layer of white gesso and a design with the River Stone stencil and modeling paste. I added on the edges White Crackle paste. When dry, I colored the background with blue and teal inks.
Dusty Attic products:
Ships Wheel Large
Blueprint Word PackDA2225
Ocean Elements #1
Jumbo Cogs #2
River Stones Stencil
- Spray inks – Lindy’s Gang (Tiffany Lou Blue, Galactic Teal);
- Distress Oxide Spray – Ranger (Walnut Stain);
- Moulds – Finnabair Prima (Machine Parts);
- Tissue Paper – Finnabair Prima (Nautical);
- Art Alchemy Paints – Finnabair Prima (Impasto: Dark Chocolate; Metallic: Silver Spoon; Liquid Acrylic: Burnt Sienna, Ink Black);
- Art Alchemy Waxes – Finnabair Prima (Brushed Iron, Vintage Gold, White Gold, Aged Brass);
- Art Extravagance – Finnabair Prima (White & Clear Crackle pastes, Rust Effect Paste, Military Effect Paste);
- Art Basics – Finnabair Prima (White Heavy Gesso, Modeling Paste, Heavy Body Gel, Soft Gloss Gel).