Uncategorized

XI – Tina Ollett

Hello and a big warm welcome to the Dusty Attic blog !
It’s Tina with you today to share my September moodboard project.
And here it is above. Okay so when I saw it I automatically became a little anxious. Yes, purples are really not my go to colour. But I love blues so I started there and worked on adding in the purples. I loved the outcome of this project and this colour combo. And here is what I came up with. 
This I have titled “XI”.
I have to say I really enjoyed this months Moodboard Challenge. And if you feel like creating something with this months moodboard, well you still have lots of time. Just ensure you create with Dusty Attic products and follow the moodboard. 
I have some close-ups for you all of the fabulous Dusty product used for this project. 
Above you can see the Baroque Flourishes. I think Jen must have known that these would have been a huge favourite for me! The pack includes 4 pieces to larger and two smaller. I layered them up but adding one on top of the other through the centre and hotglued the pieces to start. I added in the Denim in colour from Dusty attic and then the Dye Ink in Eggplant. Give them a rub over and then added in some Liquid Pearls. I coloured these pieces until I was happy. Took a while but I eventually got there. I also coloured the Scrolls omg….. another new release favourite. This was coloured only with the Denim acrylic paint. I cut the scrolls into several pieces and then added them into my Baroque Flourishes.


My next new release piece was the Juliette Balcony. These are just fabulous. I got a little forgetful during this part and forgot to add the front piece to the window. Nevermind I will use that piece again some other time. It would have been a nice addition though. I also added in my old favourite the Flourish #7 to the top of the photo. I wanted to enhance the sunburst coming out of the photo and I think this addition helped. Through the flourish I added a piece of cheesecloth draped through it to give a flowing effect.  


And then just when you think you couldn’t possibly get any better with the chipboard bricks, a new release comes out with the bits already cut just colour and add to the project. I love these new release packs. So many variations of favourite pieces. So when I saw this I decided to use the bricks bits to add over the textured stencil bricks to help make them pop more. I used a slate modelling paste mixed with crackle paste and it worked fabulously on the chipboard.


You can see the outcome of the texture a little better here. I also added in above a piece of the 6 x 6 skeleton clockface to the right of the photo. 


And that is all I have for you today. I have listed below all the awesomely fabulous Dusty Products and other products used for this project below. 
Dusty Attic Products Used

Other Products Used


49andMarket Sweet Reflections Papers
49andMarket Floral Mixology Purple Rain
49andMarket Country Blooms Sky
49andMarket 
Dress My Craft Flower Pearls
Liquitex Clear and White Gesso
Liquid Pearls White Opal
Couture Creations Card Deco Essentials Ink – Eggplant
Ranger White Crackle Paint
Modelling Paste Slate
Thankyou for popping bye! Have a fabulous weekend and happy creating. 

Leave a Reply