Happy Halloween Everyone!!! Farrel here to share my Altered Coffin that I got my amazing husband to cut for me from MDF board. I have wanted to do a project like this for a few years now and I am so happy with how it turned out.
To start with I applied white gesso to the board and then added my stenciling using Stamperia crackle paste. I then added some stamping to the background using black archival ink.
I applied gesso to all my chipboard pieces and adhered them to the board. I used stone effect paste on the skull to give some texture.
I painted the whole board using Prima Liquid Acrylic paint and once dry I then applied Deco Art Antiquing Cream in Raw Umber. Then used a baby wipe to pull some of the colour back. I then used Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magical Shakers in Black Forest Black to highlight areas.
To finish off the board I added some stamping to the Spider and bat
Dusty Attic Products
Roman Numerals, Industrial Chains, Bats 8pk, Cogs Frame Set, Skull & Crossbone, Spiders #2, Spiders & Web Set, Tombstones
I hope you enjoyed my spooktacular coffin and Happy Halloween Everyone xx