Joanne here with you today to share an altered off the page project. A few years ago I purchased this little bunny, and he and his mate have sat happily alongside each other on my display shelf. The only problem was I altered his friend a couple of years ago and told him I would eventually get to him so for the last couple of days I have been giving him a make over. Now I have a pair of altered bunnies and I love them.
So here is my new little guy…altered in true steampunk style.
‘Armoured Snow Bunny’
To allow his armour to fit I wet the chipboard pieces and moulded them to shape and dried with a heat gun. His front chest plate was created using a couple of the pieces from the Iron Accent #1 set.
I have also used one of the Iron Accents #1 on his top hat. The brim of his hat was created using a cog from the Jumbo Cogs set. The centre of his chest plate was created with some layered mini cogs and the propellor was cut out of the centre of a larger cog.
His back armour was created by moulding one of the larger pieces from the Wrought Iron Design Set, on top of that I added the top piece only from one of the Decorative Hinge #4 pieces. I then layered some more medium sized cogs and added a butterfly nut and bolt from my stash.
His additional wings were created using one of pieces from the Industrial Dragonfly set.
I added a few flowers to create extra detail.
His eye glass was created by cutting away the centre of a medium sized cog.
DA0574 Wrought Iron Design Set
DA2156 Decorative Hinge #4
DA2226 Industrial Dragonfly
DA1977 Cos and Gears
DA1875 Iron Accent #1
DA0232 Jumbo Cogs
DA0687 Mini Cogs
Nuts & Bolts